Monday, April 6, 2015

2015 April 6 FINAL e-mail from Iowa!!

Well, my time is finally up and I am flying back to Texas this Friday.  Thanks to all who read my emails and supported me and sent me emails and letters.  It has really been a strength and support to me spiritually and emotionally and I really do appreciate you. 

I can't believe I only have 2 full days left in my last proselyting area.  I really love the members here even though I have only been here for a few months.  They are incredible and full of faith and hope and love to do missionary work and join together in helping others. This Branch will soon become a Ward and then a Stake one day in the near future I know it. The Spirit here is a good environment for the spiritual progression of others.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to General Conference. There was so much to listen to and learn from and I always gain a lot of peace in comfort in the messages shared.

My mission has been the smartest and best decision that I have ever sacrificed to make in my life and I couldn't imagine living the rest of my life without the experiences I have had out here and all the spiritual power and strength I have received.  Also all the knowledge I have now and courage and hope.  I would serve again in a heartbeat if I wasn't suppose to focus on other things right now.  I hope to serve again in the future; probably later in life.

This Church contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  IT IS TRUE.  It is reality and it saves us and empowers us and we are capable of so much more than we can mortally comprehend at this present time.  God has so many blessings in store for those who make and keep sacred covenants with Him and strive their very best to keep and obey all the commandments that God has given to us as well as His chosen and ordained leaders.  Always strive to have the Spirit with you at ALL COSTS.  If you lose the Spirit you will never find true happiness, peace and direction and guidance.  We need the Spirit at ALL times and in ALL circumstances.  We don't pick and choose times of the week where we feel the Spirit.  That is NOT how it works.

I testify that I know that this Church is True.  The Book of Mormon is the word of God and you will get closer to the truth of this World the better you understand the message it contains and come to know your Savior Jesus Christ throughout your lives. I know this is true through experience and keeping the Commandments of God.  You cannot know if a principle is true until you live it and experience the miraculous sequence of incomprehendable events that will follow.  So you know that no other being could grant such blessings except it be the very God that has created you. 

Never become Apathetic or settle for less in any aspects of your life. It will come at a great cost.  I would rather Suffer through sacrifice that leads to True Happiness, progression, and Eternal Life than suffer through sacrifice that leads to ultimate misery and self-destruction.  The choice is before you and it is pretty obvious to me which one I want.
How about you? 

I love you all.  Hope to see you soon!

Love,
SISTER ROBERTSON!  I love saying that. Back to my first name in 4 days.  Weird!


P.s.  Oh, I forgot to say.  Everyone should serve a mission sometime in their life.  It is the best decision you will ever make and it is the greatest, happiest adventure besides the moment you float off in a white robe into the Celestial Kingdom as a glorified, resurrected being.

No comments:

Post a Comment