Monday, September 22, 2014

2014 September 22 letter from Dubuque, Iowa

This past week we were stuck inside for a few days unable to get any work done.
The Reynolds (the family we live with) got strep from school and passed it along to me, so I was stuck inside with swollen Tonsils and a badly sore throat all week.  Unfortunately as a missionary you seem to pick up every sick bug you come in contact with because you're out around so many people in lots of different places, clean or dirty.  I got a blessing and my recovery was within the next day and half.  I was surprised just how quickly I recovered.  That's the fastest I have experienced on my mission.  The Priesthood power is real.

Other than that we got to keep visiting with Sheila, our recent convert, and a few other potential investigators.  Our teaching pool is getting too low.  We are going to be spending a lot of time this week knocking doors! I love being able to walk around and meet new people.  You would be surprised how many incredible people there are out there who are all very nice and have such strong faith in Jesus Christ.  People are definitely being prepared.

Not much else to report for this past week.  We were suppose to drive the 2.5 hours to Iowa City for Zone Conference meeting all day Thursday but we were advised by a doctor in our ward and our mission president to stay home.  I was both grateful and sad about that.

Keep reading the book of Mormon whenever you can.  It is incredible.  I am on my 6th time reading it since I put in my mission papers and I still can't get enough of it.  It isn't just for "churchy" people.  It speaks the Truth; how things are and how things will be.  It is the Truth that everyone in this world is looking for and you have it written down.  Take advantage of it. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the fall season and making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and picking up cool looking colorful leaves on the ground and showing them to your best buddies.
Well that's what I dream about doing.

love you
Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment