Tuesday, July 1, 2014

30 June 2014 letter

The last week since transfer meeting has been extra super busy in Burlington.  We have so many investigators we are teaching and encouraging and less actives we are helping to re-activate that I can hardly keep track of them all.  The ward is growing and blossoming so much that it has become a lot more social since I got here in February.  It's really cool to visually see at church, Sunday, what affect we've had on the ward.  Our meeting house in Burlington is actually considered a Stake center in size so one day when Burlington becomes a stake they can fit all the wards in the one building.  Really cool to think about.  I hope it grows large enough to split in the next few years, but it will take some work.

Last Thursday us and the Zone Leaders got to drive down to Nauvoo and be a part of the Nauvoo Dig for a few hours in the afternoon.  If you don't know about this, it's something that Nauvoo hosts every June, for a month where people travel in and help dig up artifacts and old houses from the 1800s.  It was neat, but we literally sifted through cups of dirt for 4 hours and it was really hot.  "It's a cup, with dirt in it!" (Brian Reagan quote, lol). 

Next Monday we get to spend our whole P-day in Nauvoo being trained for being site missionaries for the Pageant starting on July 8th and taking a tour of Nauvoo after with all the missionaries in our Zone (3 districts).  It will be a really busy day and we leave at 8 and will get back at 5 or 6pm, so I won't be on email at my usual time. 

Brandi surprised us and came to church yesterday!  It was so good to see her there.  We are staying very busy teaching a bunch of people, but we don't have any baptismal dates with any of them yet for a wide variety of reasons, but I will let you know when we do and who they are!  I don't think it's possible for me to list them all right now cause I couldn't remember.  Got in contact with the Cavazos family again finally!  I missed them so much!  It had been a few months since we had a lesson with them and I hope that we can start again soon.   Lots of miracles and blessings.

We had exchanges with the sister missionaries in Keokuk last Thursday and Friday.  We had to drive all the way there and back because they ran out of miles for the month.  I pretty much planned out all the lessons/appointments for both companionships for both days and after it was over they all said that what I had chosen and the times for meeting people was completely miraculous and inspired.  It was definitely a nice compliment!  So I think I'm doing just fine :)


Thanks for all your prayers!  They are paying off and I am being way blessed as a servant of the Lord.
I love you all and do not give up on God.  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thy own understanding"  (proverbs 3).
 
Stop being dumb and trying to figure life out by yourself because it NEVER works.  God can give you the strength and power you need to overcome PERMANENTLY the things you face and only by the power of God can you do this.  There is NO other way.  God loves you!  Satan doesn't.... keep it simple.

love,
Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment