Monday, April 28, 2014

28 April 2014 letter from Burlington, Iowa

Lots of flowers and thunderstorms this past week.
We had an appointment yesterday where we had to walk 30 feet from the car to the door and we were completely drenched and ankle deep in mud!  yuck.
If I've learned much about being a missionary, it's that I LOVE SHOWERS!  Especially after a lot of places we go.  Sometimes I shower a couple times  a day.
This past week me and Sister Woodbury taught a ton of lessons, met new investigators to teach and stayed super busy!  We also started teaching a Jehovah's Witness.  She loves the Book of Mormon!  Such a rebel.  We love them and we're excited for them.  
We also ran into a random guy on the street who just moved from Oregon where he had been baptized LDS and had been working with the missionaries.  He recognized us right away and called us over and said, "Hey!  I"m a member of that church!  I HAVE A TESTIMONY!  IT'S GOD'S TRUE AND ONLY CHURCH!  I HAVE  A TESTIMONY!"  He's so great.  Hopefully we can get him to church in Burlington.

Sometimes when you're a missionary, people hate the book of Mormon.  And sometimes they love the Book of Mormon, but then they think it's a cool historical book and don't think it will change their life.  It is True and if you believe what is in it, you will not be able to remain in the same state you are. There's always a next step.  Look for it and then go do it.

One week from today we get our transfer calls.  We'll see if Sister Woodbury is staying or leaving.  President Jensen already told me that I'm staying and that he wants to keep Sister Woodbury here.  So we'll see what happens.  It's always nerve racking waiting for transfers.
Not a whole lot of stuff happened this past week other than our normal work and routines and appointments.  Sometimes by the time Monday rolls around I can't remember what happened all week cause too much happened.

love you all

Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment