Monday, February 3, 2014

3 February 2014 Letter

Friends and family,


The work has been slow in Missouri this past week.  The Hannibal Branch had it's boundaries changed in church yesterday.  We didn't suffer too much from the cities we lost.  The problem we had is that there are so few members in such a large area (within an hour and a half drive in any direction) that people went inactive cause the church meeting house is just too far away.  Hopefully the St. Louis missionaries will be able to drive out there and re-activate those people that we didn't have the means to visit. 


The winter weather has been pretty rough the last few weeks, especially this last week.  We got a really bad ice storm that coated the whole town and roads in 2 inches of ice and we got stuck inside all day studying.  Within the next 2 days we're suppose to get 8 or 10 more inches of snow on top of all the ice.  yuck.  I really don't mind then time inside to study the scriptures and read other things such as conference talks, Ensigns or Jesus the Christ (Talmage book).  Trying to learn as much as I can during our down time. 
 


We have one solid baptismal date coming up in March with a lady named Neva.  She is such a sweetheart and so wonderful.  She is 63 years old and loves the church and the salt lake city missionaries have been teaching her over the phone on the days we can't drive all the way out to see her.  She lives pretty far away.  There are a few other promising investigators we are meeting with and we hope we will be able to set baptismal dates with them as well in the next week.


We were suppose to have a Branch Activity this past Friday and us and the elders spent the afternoon de-icing and scooping snow out of the church parking lot and side walks and then after that they called and cancelled the activity!  Sad.  Church this last week was pretty good.  They are changing a lot of the Auxiliary leaders and things are starting to feel like they're changing for the better.  


I willingly walked to the pulpit to bear my testimony without anyone telling me too as well.  First time I've done that since I was a little kid and even then I think my mom told me to go up and do it.  I just shared with them my favorite lesson that Christ taught to his disciples in Matthew 10:38-39:" And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Do what God wants you to do and go where he wants you to go and when he knows he can trust you to do His will, He will lead you to where He knows you will be the most happy in this life.  Forsake what you want, do what God wants you to do and he will bless you more than you could do by yourself without His help.  You'll look back on your life and know that God knew best where you needed to be and you'll be glad you listened to Him.  It's not easy but it is possible.


Keep praying, keep reading, keep fighting and stay strong.  Don't like reading the scriptures?  Do it anyways and you'll know what I'm talking about.


Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment