Monday, November 25, 2013

20 Nov 2013 letter from Sister Chelsie Robertson

Dear Friends & Family,

Excited this week for the first baptism here in Hannibal. {See pictures) Katia is now 18 and her baptism is tomorrow. She is really happy and excited for it. Me and Sister Despain are in charge of the program so we typed up a cute program and will be at the church all day tomorrow filling the font (takes forever!) and writing our talks for it. Nobody going can play piano so I have to figure it out again so I can play an opening and closing hymn. Only problem is that once someone sees me play then the whole Branch will be nagging me to play in all the meetings and I am not good enough to do that!

Lost two investigators this past week. They recognize God but they refuse to change or do anything about it. Pretty sad, but you get to a point when you can't help them anymore if they aren't willing to work. I really like the Conference talk given by Elder Edward Dube. He talked about how we need to quit waiting for our situations to change, get up and change our situations ourselves. If you have faith you must act on it, or it is in vain. Life can be better with God's help, but he's not going to be so willing to help you if he doesn't see you doing something about anything. Just do it! Build trust with God. It's a two-way relationship. We need Him to act and reach out to us just as much as He needs us to act and reach out to Him.

I love Conference. It's not a one time weekend marathon, it's continually and indefinitely important and applicable to us. We need to keep growing in knowledge and we can't grow if we are not doing anything. I'm not perfect, but I am willing to act on my faith and force myself to make the necessary changes to help me and to help others to become better.

I love this work and I know Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and our Brother Jesus Christ and I cannot deny it just as much as Smith couldn't deny it.

Said our farewells to Elder Ashworth today. He's leaving Hannibal and headed back to Las Vegas, Nevada (his home). He's been such an amazing influence on us and our investigator. He's so nice and happy all the time. He'll be missed by our district.

Winter is starting so we'll be sharing the car a lot more now. Me and Sister Despain have been using it a lot, but we'll be walking more. It'll be a lot harder to get a lot done everyday without the car. Hannibal is too spread out to walk around. I'll let you all know how it goes.

love you :)

Sister Robertson

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chelsie,
    Just wanted to say hello and tell you how proud I am of you. The people of Hannibal are lucky to have you. You are an amazing young woman! Mitchell leaves in 3 weeks for the MTC. He is getting a bit nervous but is excited to be off and doing the Lord's work. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. We are going over to Ely. Love Aunt Lynn and Family

    ReplyDelete