Friday, October 11, 2013

Oct 7, 2013 letter from Sister Chelsie Robertson

Dear Family and Friends,

I am leaving the MTC Wednesday morning. I am sad to leave the MTC. It has been such a wonderful place to be. I have grown close to my companions, district, zone and especially my teachers. They have strengthened my testimony and purpose for choosing to be a missionary. We talk to an Elder, well, returned missionary from Iowa and he told us there are over 300 missionaries in Iowa and it is now, statistically, it has the highest baptizing rate out of all the states right now. There are almost 30 of us, sisters and elders, flying to Iowa together. We are sad to leave Provo and leave each other, but are ready and pumped to be in Iowa and experience teaching the Gospel and finding people. Regardless of age or experiences, there are some amazing missionaries here. 

It was cool to listen to Conference and sing "Called to Serve" at the MTC. They sing it like no other place on Earth. Bows my mind that I am here and can be a part of restoring this Gospel by spreading it to the world. My companions met an Elder Campbell and Elder Ramen. So funny. They called their companionship "Soup Elders." We said goodby to one of our teachers today, sad day! He gave us amazing advice today. He said, "we can always become a sharper pencil, but we can never be the writer, cause God is the writer ...You can never this this alone...if you think you have figured it out, that is the moment that you have eliminated God from the equation." That is no different for all of you as it is for missionaries. Without God we are lost. If you don't know if God listens to your prayers refer to D&C 98:1-3:

Verily I say unto you my friends, afear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give bthanks;
 aWaiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been aafflicted shall work together for your bgood, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.

Once you've done everything you possibly can to obey God's commandments and align your life with God's will, I know he will bless you because is bound to fulfill all his promises to you, but in His own time line. Never be ashamed of who you are and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Cool story, we were taught some lessons from the Elders in the showed called "The Districtg." I only remember one of their names, Elder Christianson. Kind of neat.

This Gospel is a gospel of action. If you have real faith, act on it. If you know Christ atoned for your sins, Act on it. Try to find ways to act on your faith everyday. Without faith we cannot progress and without out faith; that is impossible. I've never been a true example of this principle. Spent so much time lazy and unwilling and all it does is cause unhappiness and a life without purpose. I am trying my best now and I see the blessings we can all receive by taking action. Your perspective of taking action will change greatly by simply taking action. Hard to explain it. Exercise faith and get to work and know for yourself how it can change your life.

I miss and love all of you so much. I pray for everyone and definitely feel that someone has been praying for me. I have seen the affects of that since I left and they help me greatly. Can't wait to tell you all about how awesome Iowa is.

Sister Robertson 

No comments:

Post a Comment