Thursday, October 3, 2013


Hi Mom (family and friends too!),

Finally have my first P-day here at the Provo, MTC.  It's so weird to be in my home in Provo, but not able to be a part of it.  But I am glad that I chose to experience being here.  I am slowly adjusting to this busy schedule.  I am in class from the time I wake up until I go to bed.  It is stressful, but all the classes are so well prepared and teach us amazing things.  The Spirit is so strong here and our district of Des Moines Iowa sisters and elders are getting along so well and we are all having fun and learning a lot.  Me and my companions are getting along well and are able to teach our mock investigators so well together.  Hard to get enough sleep at night.  Feels like I am only asleep for an hour by the time my alarm is going off the next morning.  It's so sad!  But somehow I am finding the energy I need everyday to focus and get things done. 
 
My district did a temple session this morning at the Provo temple.  It was a good start to the day.  The temple is really good at removing us from every day stresses and helping us look at life and existence with a greater perspective.  Helps me to focus on what is really important.  I am blessed to have the opportunity to be here and do what the Lord wants us to do and not have to worry about every day life.  I really get to focus on the scriptures and how to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ free from distractions.  I am enjoying the fall weather here in Utah. 

The mountains just got capped with snow yesterday and the fall colors are super pretty.  It is getting colder, but I like it.  My whole district and zone, 28 sisters and elders will be flying on the same plane together to Des Moines, Iowa next Tuesday morning around 4am.  It will be fun to travel with all of them.  I can't wait to watch conference while I am at the MTC.  I am guessing that it will be a great experience.  Not because It is any different than before I was a missionary, just that the Spirit is so strong here and we are all able to focus a lot easier on what is being said. 
 
They feed us way too much here, I have 3 meals a day, 4 hours apart, ALL YOU CAN EAT and not enough exercise time to burn it off.  You ever wonder why people gain weight here?  I see so many elders with 4 or 5 different plates of food at every meal.  Yikes.  I know that the church is true and that the Book of Mormon is the TRUE WORD OF GOD given to us to be a second witness of the existence of JESUS CHRIST on this Earth.  He was here, he taught us and gave us instruction and scripture and Atoned for all our sins.  I know that God will always be there for us if we are willing enough to accept him into our lives.  I had a testimony of all these things before I came here, but It is growing every day.  The things you learn and experience here, you can't learn any other place on earth and in the same way.  God has done so much for me and my life in this last year and I am full-heartedly ready to pay it forward and be there for my brothers and sisters in Iowa.  I want to pull them out of darkness and bring them the light of Christ.  I want them to know how it feels to know what I know and know that God loves them.

Mom, i can't think of anything else that needs to go into my bedding box.  You can go ahead and ship it now so it's there on Tuesday.  Thank you!  Can't wait to see Iowa :)
love,
Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment