Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Chelsie's first letter!!

9/25/2013

Dear Mom, Dad, and Damon and friends,

I have been so scared and nervous today. Me and Kendall cried when she dropped me off at the MTC. Everyone here is so super duper nice and welcoming, so the edginess is slowly wearing off. Might take a few days. There is such calm, peace here and you feel the spirit strongly everywhere. I love my two, yes two!, companions. They are such nice, sweet and adorable girls. I love them already. I know we can be good friends here. Makes it feel more like home. We share our bedroom with 2 other girls and they are super nice too. I attach easily to following friends around, so I'm ok with having companions 24/7, it's so comforting and feels almost natural to me. We had some great classes today and met with our district, both elders and sisters. We have our own little classroom we meet in all day. They only give us 15 minutes to shower in the morning, that's impossible! We're girls with needs! We all agreed to wake up at 6 am so we have enough time. Yikes! I enjoy the business. It has been too long since I was truly busy and working hard. it almost gives me energy, but wears me out all at the same time. I'm so happy it's bedtime in 2 minutes. I deserve it!

Day 3, Friday

Starting to relax a little and handle the demanding schedule better. Learning to have as lot of confidence in myself and my testimony to teach mock lessons with my companions and mock investigators. Still makes me nervous, but I know I'm getting help and being strengthened. Sometimes I don't even understand how I am coping with all this change and trials, but I am. I cannot explain it any other way except that God is letting me know that this is where I needed to be and now that I am here and trying my best he is blessing me to be strong emotionally. I miss my best friends, and my family too, so much already. Today I learned that fear cannot equal faith and it reminded me of a scripture in Micah 7:8: "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: When I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me."

I hope everyone is able to find the light shining in your dark places and know that you are not alone.

Thanks for all your love and letters! <3

Miss you all,

<3 Sister Robertson

P.S. I don't have some of my best friends mail addresses --you know who you are--and I'm sad cause I can't send you a letter! Please snail mail me your address! Or if you want me to get it the same day (yay!!) you can send me a message through DearElder.com website. I suggest using it.

Also, I cannot check my lds e-mail until Thursday --just so you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment